Job Title: Dinner Server
Reports to: Cloud Camp General Manager
Department: Cloud Camp
Location: The BROADMOOR’s – Cloud Camp
Deliver exceptional guest service and serve food and beverage to guests in dining establishment by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities to include the following:
- Greet guests in a friendly, timely manner with a smile, proper English and correct posture.
- Perform table set up, replenish and clean up before, during and/or after the guest’s meal.
- Replenish snacks and bar stock.
- Answer menu questions and makes suggestions regarding food and beverage service.
- Ability to act as bartender and mix ingredients to prepare beverages to guest satisfaction.
- Serve and is knowledgeable about a variety of wines, beers and cocktails.
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of guest(s) diet restrictions and food allergies.
- Maintain accurate communication with kitchen staff regarding orders, times, guest needs, etc. in order to provide efficient service.
- Observe diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Buss and carry used tableware to kitchen area.
- Handle opening and closing procedures as directed.
- Complete daily and weekly side-work.
- Follow Cloud Camp safety and hygiene standards.
- Follow all directions received from General Manager.
- Report tips as required by the IRS.
- Abide by and maintain up to date knowledge of Colorado liquor laws.
- Assist other dining room staff and all other staff as needed.
- Utilize the Point of Sales system proficiently.
- Assist in Culinary and Stewarding as needed.
- All other duties as assigned and help with any other duties at Cloud Camp needed and necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The topics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education / Experience:
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and at least one year of related experience. Fine dining experience required. Knowledge of alcohol service and laws is required. Knowledge of AAA and Forbes dining standards preferred.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, sort correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present and explain information to individuals or groups of guests and/or coworkers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with situations involving several concrete variables in standardized scenarios.
Touch screen ordering system. Point of Sale system.
Certificates and Licenses:
In compliance with state liquor laws, must be at least 18 years of age.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be at an altitude of greater than 9,000 feet which the employee will have to acclimate to daily. The employee will regularly have to carry heavy items up a minimum of 20-40 stairs daily. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use hands to handle, grip, point, feel and reach; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 and/or 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift/pull/push up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.