Job Title: Concierge-Reception Agent
Reports To: Emerald Valley Ranch General Manager
Location: The Ranch at Emerald Valley
Coordinate all aspects and requirements of guests staying at The Ranch at Emerald Valley by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Possess complete knowledge of the reservation booking system, room categories, and rate structure.
- Book reservations and create itineraries for Emerald Valley Ranch guests.
- Update daily log book with all interactions and necessary follow up.
- Personally greet and assist with check-in and check-out procedures of all Emerald Valley Ranch guests.
- Update and monitor Emerald Valley Ranch credit card information and personal preference file.
- Build a strong bond with future guests by placing calls inquiring about preferences, dietary restrictions, desired activities, etc., prior to arrival.
- Maintain relationships with current and former Emerald Valley Ranch guests via phone calls and written correspondence.
- Answer inquiries, offer suggestions, provide descriptive literature and make reservations pertaining to any on property and off property activities or happenings (i.e.-golf, spa, tennis, trips, excursions, sports events, concerts, plays, etc.) for all Emerald Valley Ranch guests.
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside vendors as they pertain to The Ranch.
- Continually review program standards and make recommendations for improvement accordingly.
- Fill in at Broadmoor Wilderness desk or wherever else dictated as needed.
- Maintain current listing of the hours of The Ranch facilities as well as local attractions and events.
- Arrange, assist and participate in guest activities as needed as well as the evening entertainment programs.
- Proficient in point of sales system.
- Maintain cleanliness of reception area and concierge desk.
- Maintain 5 star and 5 diamond standards while offering above and beyond services for all guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The topics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education / Experience:
One year college or technical school attendance or three to six months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working for a Guest/Dude Ranch preferred.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, sort correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present and explain information to individuals or groups of guests and/or coworkers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with situations involving several concrete variables in standardized scenarios.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use hands to handle, point, feel and reach; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 and/or 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift/pull/push up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.