Canada Working Holiday Visa

Planning your OE? Welcome to International Working Holidays
As part of our Ski Canada Resort Packages you will need a Canadian Working Holiday visa
If you’re a citizen of New Zealand and are between the ages of 18 and 35, you may be able to apply for the working holiday visa in Canada. We help kiwis find pre-arranged work in ski-resorts (plus other work on arrival into Canada).
This visa guide is for our International Working Holiday participants.
Canada has an arrangement with New Zealand that enables the Government of Canada to issue work permits to New Zealand citizens who wish to travel and work in Canada for up to 23 months through International Experience Canada.
Eligibility Criteria for the Working Holiday Category
The Working Holiday category is designed for New Zealand citizens who intend to travel in Canada and who wish to find temporary paid employment to help pay for their stay (maximum 23 months).
To be eligible for the Working Holiday category, you must:
  • be a New Zealand citizen with a valid New Zealand passport;
  • be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive);
  • have the equivalent of C$2,500 to help cover your expenses at the beginning of your stay;
  • be prepared to take out health-care insurance for the duration of your stay – you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada;
  • pay a participation fee that is equivalent to C$150 in New Zealand dollars; and
  • not have participated in the Working Holiday category before.
  • Admissibility (for work permit)
Changes to the Canada Working Holiday Visa
  • Please note that the 2016 application process has been changed by CIC as of November 21st 2015.
  • There is no more Kompass and no more first come first serve.
  • Candidates will be randomly selected by CIC and invited to apply.
We will help all our participants with this new process – don’t worry.
You can apply for your Program before you apply for the Canadian Working Holiday Visa.