Live in UK Pub Job before you leave New Zealand
Take the hassle out of wondering if you'll get work in the UK and we'll pre-arrange a job for you!
- We can find you a pub job in only a few weeks of applying. You'll know where you'll be working, your pay and how to get there before you fly from NZ.
- You'll need some hospitality based customer service experience - a nice photo and an application form (see below) - that's it!
- You'll of course want to work in the industry - it can be long hours and shift work, it can mean night shifts and working public holidays.
- We'll also sort out your Bank Account and NHS application. It's just too easy. Kiwis we have sent just LOVE their pubs. It's the best way to live and work in the UK.
The great thing about working in a pub is it costs you hardly anything to 'live' - enabling you to save your wages for much more exciting things like seeing Europe, concerts and shopping.
Thanks so much for finding me this awesome job - I just love it - the people are friendly, the pub is really nice and I am saving heaps - you made it all so easy!! Erin B - Whakatane
Pub Program Overview
- You can expect to earn between £5.30 and £7.20 per hour live in. Tips are possible as well which can be anything from £30 to £100 per week. National Minimum wage varies from £5.30- £7.20 per hour age dependent. Average of 40-55 hours a week.
- Working hours are pub hours, this is not a regular 9-5 job so be prepared to work night shifts. Traditionally pubs closed at 11pm but this may differ now depending on the pub. Most jobs have split shifts.
- Most live in jobs are outside of London - scattered across the UK – a great opportunity to see the country!
- Rent may be charged £0 to £50 a week and can be deducted from your pay.
- Most pubs offer meals, some provide all meals, ie on & off duty, others just meals whilst on duty.
- A great advantage is that there is no need to pay a huge bond deposit and rent up front to secure your accommodation. Some pubs charge a small deposit. This is refunded if the accommodation is returned in a decent state.
- The cost of living in a pub program is unbeatable, your only expenses will include personal spending and subsidised accommodation and food.
- The majority of pubs prefer you to stay 6-8 months minimum (at least)… if you are in a senior position you will be expected to stay longer. Senior positions or Chef placements require a 6- 12 month commitment.
General Duties Include:
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Draw beer from the tap and pour from the bottle.
- Mix ingredients to make cocktails and slice fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Prepare and serve a variety of coffees.
- Refill drinks and cigarette dispensers.
- Collect glasses from tables and either wash or place in glass washing machine.
- Wipe down tables and empty ash trays.
- Collect payment.
- Operate cash register and give change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses on shelves.
- Clean bar service areas and polish glasses.
- Assist in the cellar.
- Assist in stock control.
- Observe work place hygiene, occupational health & safety and security procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good memory.
- Efficiency and speed.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Good personal presentation.
- Prepare to work evenings and weekends.
- Good cash handling skills.
- Able to stand for long periods.
- Channel Islands
- Isles of Scilly
- North Yorkshire
- Scotland (currently excluding Edinburgh)
- West Sussex
- 2nd Chef
- Assistant Manager
- Chef de partie
- Commis Chef
- Deputy manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- General Assistant
- Food & Beverage Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
- Kitchen Porter
- Pastry Chef
- Sous Chef
Hospitality Experience is crucial to be able to apply for any of the above positions
Working behind a bar will help you develop the following attributes to help with your career such as:
Once you have worked in this type of environment you will be able to provide examples of how you successfully managed various situations utilising the above attributes. This question often arises in professional interviews.
- Organisational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Conflict management.
- Dealing with difficult people.
Application and Assessment Process
- We recommend you apply at least 6 weeks before you want to arrive. Alot of kiwis can get placed quicker than that but 6 weeks at least gives everyone ample time to sort you out.
- Purchase the Pub Job Package online. See below.
- Please complete this authorisation for us to check your Criminal Record and send to us with your application*
- You will be assessed for suitability and closer to your departure receive details of the job and location of one or more job offers.
- If we don't accept your application your fee will be refunded.
* If you are travelling sooner than 12 weeks you may want to get our paid Priority Criminal Record Check as the free one above takes 11 weeks.
Program Fee $450NZ Includes:
- Live In pre-arranged job in a UK pub.
- Accommodation in the Pub as part of the program. Most jobs provide meals as well
- Ongoing employment support and advice.
- Assistance with finding the best flights and insurance through our own Travel Guru IWH Travel
Package also Includes:
- Choice of UK Bank Account - help with setting this up on arrival
- Choice of UK SIM Card
- Employment Advice & CV Forwarding N.I. Number & Tax Assistance
- Arrival Info Session
- Entry to the Ministry of Sound Traditional London Pub Lunch
- 1 Weeks Gym Membership
- Weekly Invite to Pub & Club Night Entry to the Church club
- Monthly Themed Pub Crawl Tour
- 12 Month Membership to Events Club
We also offer a visa application serviceAnd while you're here... we may as well mention that we also help you (free of charge)
with finding you the best airfare to the UK.
I'm ready - sign me up!!
This order form will redirect to a paypal and or creditcard payment page so you can apply and pay all in one go.