Husky Ranch Canada Volunteer Projects
We place volunteers with 10 ranches located throughout British Columbia, Alberta, The Yukon and Ontario areas.
If it's on your list to explore the snowy territories of Canada by dog sled and witness incredible scenery, wildlife and even amazing northern lights, then this project is for you.
Learn about dog sledding and live rustically. These ranches are extremely popular with young volunteers from around the word, wishing to experience time with Huskies.
The work with the dogs and on the ranch is physically demanding and it is by no means an easy holiday option, but you knew that - that's why you're here.
- Care for huskies and go dog sledding (winter months)
- Work in one of the most beautiful sceneries in the world
- Live in one of the last wildernesses
- Opportunities for wildlife viewing in the surrounding areas
- The ranches are located in remote areas and travelling is better done after you finish volunteering.
- Obviously this is not the place for you if you are wanting to visit, pubs, clubs, cinemas and shopping malls. This is about nature and being active outside
- Dog sledding is only available between November - April
- It is hard work often in extreme cold or hot weather conditions and volunteers are expected to work
long hours and have one or two days a week off. We'll provide a comprehensive packing list.
Please complete the form below for more information.