Canada Working Holiday Premium Option
If you're one of those people who like to have everything organised before you head off - this is for you - you'll have your job and accommodation sorted before you arrive with this option.
Summer and Winter placements in Ski Resorts and Hotels available.
Canada Working Holiday Premium Service Gets You:Have your job sorted before you leave home. Pre-arranged Hospitality, tourism, Hotel, or Resort Job offer prior to arrival into Canada - we find your job before you leave home. If you have your heart set on a Ski Resort placement then you'll want this option.Airport Transfer Guide for getting from airport on SkyTrain to Hostel (or Taxi if you arrive late)2 nights accommodation arranged for you - dorm style for your arrival into Canada.Accommodation arranged for you in most cases - with your jobAttend an orientation and have two nights to explore Vancouver, this also sets up your Social Insurance Number and bank account set upPhone or skype interview with our partners based in CanadaCV upgrade to meet Canadian standardsSkype or Phone interview with employer arranged. Not always necessary - sometimes they will just hire you. Access to Social events when in Vancouver (Pub Nights, Trips away etc)Long term Accommodation assistance* 24 hour emergency number for your entire stay with your employerMost jobs include a Free or subsidised ski pass in winterMail holding and secure storage (up to 1 year)Ongoing service and support as neededVisa Application Guide - we help you out with the very confusing visa process and website
(*most resorts offer accommodation with the job but when they don't, you'll get advice on how to find accommodation)
I spent my summer in Lake Louise. I got a position at the Front Desk in a fabulous high class hotel in one of the most gorgeous places on earth, Lake Louise, in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. For those of you who looked up Lake Louise on Google Earth and think that it is just a small village in the middle of nowhere with nothing going on, are totally wrong.
Why use our Premium Canada Working Holiday Service?
- Through our comprehensive consultation process with you, arrival orientation and ongoing support, you will have piece of mind knowing you have the best possible chance to secure a placement opportunity either before you arrive, or shortly after your arrival (if you are traveling first) and that you will have local friendly assistance during your entire stay in Canada.
- During the placement search we take into account your objectives and personality and seek placement opportunities based on this; whether these are gaining experience, or meeting people, or snowboarding, all of these objectives are assessed so we can assist you in finding the most suitable placement.
- You will have accommodation options that will allow you to have a place to live and this will be organised prior to your arrival or shortly after you land. We have an extensive online social community to help you get in touch with other participants before, during and after your stay.
- We will tell you all of the inside tips on great things to do all over the country and you will have access to events in key locations throughout Canada, which are exclusive to our participants and give you more opportunity to meet other people in the same situation as you and have an awesome time together!
- In addition to organising the most affordable way to reach your placement, if you would like to travel during your time here you will have exclusive access to our "participants only" travel desk.
- All these things add up to saving you loads of time and money
Wondering When To Go?
For Premium Service applicants, there are two seasons: Winter and Summer.
- Winter is from November – April.
- Summer is from May – October.
You need to be able to arrive for the start of the season, and commit for the full season. The earlier you apply the more choice of location, job and accommodation you'll have. You must commit to the end of the season. Start dates can vary from resort to resort.
No matter how bad the snow, how flat the light, how tired your legs, or how crowded the hill, every day skiing has something unique to offer. Whether it’s the new trick you mastered, the stranger you met on the lift, or simply the time spent with all the incredible people you’ve met in one short season, climbing out of bed is all it takes for an exceptional day on the hill.
A guide to the process
- Fill out the application form with us
- Apply for your Ministry of Justice Priority Criminal Record check
- Get to work on your visa (we email you a guide)
- Second stage of your application - skype interview
- We match you with the kind of role you'd suit/enjoy and discuss placement and location preferences.
- Get your visa
- Job offer from a Resort or Hotel
- You'll then be set with an orientation date
- We help sort your flights and insurance (if you want us to)
- Orientation in Vancouver - set up your social insurance number and bank account etc
- Spend 2 nights at our accommodation so you can explore the beautiful city of Vancouver
- Time to depart to your placement
- Join the hundreds of other kiwis living the resort life in the most beautiful places in the world.
Costs for the Premium Service Program
- Winter Pre-Arranged Job placement $999 NZD - Payable at time of application
- Summer Pre-Arranged Job placement $850 NZD - Payable at time of application
If you do not pass the interview and screening process the fee above less $100 admin/interview costs will be refunded.
- Extra nights accommodation in Vancouver before you start work $40 pnpp
Prices are subject to change due to currency fluctuations. We will post changes on here as they happen but once your application is accepted the price is set and will not alter.
Other costs to consider
- Flights to Canada - we can search for and find you the best deals
- Processing of your visa (all our applicants receive a Visa Application Guide Document)
- Medical Insurance (compulsory) - we can recomend the best policy to include skiing etc
- Cost of transfer (we tell you how to get either option) Taxi or Skytrain. $12 - $35 CAD (Please note: The first SkyTrain leaves at 5:07am and the last skytrain at 12:56am)
- IEC Visa cost CAD$226
Getting you there - We Make It Easy
More about the locations & Ski Resort Jobs Available
Banff: (Summer and Winter and year round)
We work with 12+ hotels in the Banff area as well as some of the local mountains. Positions are based in the town or just outside the town of Banff or in some rare cases in Canmore or Lake Louise. On hill jobs are located up to 40 mins by bus from the town of Banff and there is a free shuttle bus for staff. Summer Start dates from May / June until October (we can look outside of this on a case by case basis). Start dates for on hill jobs start in November until mid – late April. In town jobs may start in December depending on hotel. Those working in town receive a discounted ski pass or free ski pass to Norquay and those working on hill receive a free ski pass to the mountains they are working on. Those working in town hotels are guaranteed accommodation and those working on hill may be required to search for own accommodation in some cases. Support is provided for this.
Jasper: (Summer and limited winter roles)
We work with 8+ hotels in the Jasper area or just outside Jasper however there are only limited winter positions available. Start dates in May preferable and June until at least late September / early October. (We can work on other dates on a case by case basis.) Staff accommodation is included as is a discounted ski pass to the local mountain. Limited opportunities in winter and discounted ski passes to Marmot.
Rockies Resorts: (Summer)
We work with several mountain biking and gold resorts around The Rocky Mountains. Start dates are either May – October (golf season) or July – September (mountain biking season). Staff accommodation available.
Rockies and Lower Mainland Resorts: (Winter)
We work with several Ski and Snowboarding Mountains around The Rocky Mountains and in the Lower Mainland. Start dates are usually late November / early December and run until mid April. Staff accommodation may be available and if not support is provided to find it. Ski passes are included and if accommodation is off mountain shuttle bus services are provided to the accommodation.
We have some resorts that in winter cater to skiers and snowboarders and in summer cater to Golf and Down Hill Mountain Biking. These resorts usually have about 150 – 400 staff approximately during the winter months and 80 – 150 staff over the summer. These are great if you like to be in the outdoors and are not too concerned with needing all the amenities of Banff and Jasper. They still have bars and restaurants, local banks and supermarkets etc. This is for the true nature lover that also likes to work in a big family team. Being a resort there is also a more diverse range of positions available and more chance to get these positions.
- Front Desk Agents: The position is challenging, varied and offers the opportunity to work flexible hours and meet new people from around the world. We are seeking energetic & dynamic people to fill this first point of contact role. The successful candidate will have a professional appearance and manner, and be able to deal with a wide variety of people and situations.
- Room Attendants: Do you take pride in your work? Do you have an eye for detail? Join the Banff Lodging Co. Housekeeping team as a Room attendant and provide a great experience for our guests by ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented. Room Attendants have a great work/life balance without too much stress while enjoying the best of the Rockies.
- Houseman: This key individual will be a team player who can maintain, implement and increase quality control standards of guest rooms, common areas and ground
- Maintenance Attendant: Don't mind getting your hands dirty? This is the job for you! Maintenance Attendants year-round to maintain and fix amenities of guest rooms and common spaces of the hotel, as well as shoveling snow in winter. You’ll get to enjoy working outdoors in the Rocky Mountains while the resorts beckon to you from only a short distance away
- Busser / Dishwasher: Do you love working in a fast-paced, exciting environment? Are you an early riser who likes to get up and at'em? We have opportunities available for morning shifts at all of our restaurants. Work in the mornings, cross country ski and hike all afternoon! We also have positions available in the evenings – the daytime will be left for you to ski and snowboard!
- Line Cooks: We are looking for experienced line cooks to join our team. Our guests come looking for that perfect steak, dreamy mashed potatoes... we need you to help makes those dreams come true. If you are someone who loves food, has great customer experience, is friendly and fun to work with and who can handle working in a busy kitchen, this could be the job for you!Kitchen Helpers: Assist in the smooth running of our restaurant kitchens by supporting the culinary team in preparing simple meals and ingredients and maintaining a clean, well-stocked environment
- Restaurant Servers: We're looking for friendly and fantastic breakfast, lunch and dinner Servers. Someone who is bright, bubbly, and can delight our guests! Get an early start to the day and have your afternoons off to hike, bike, climb, paddle, and search for bear and elk. Or work the evening shifts and spend your mornings at one of the 3 local resorts. If you have a positive attitude and thrive on providing top level customer service then you are the right person for the job.
What Is Not In The Package
- Working holiday visa fee
- Airfare - but we can help get you the best deal - at no extra cost to you.
- Insurance - ditto re best deal here too
- Accommodation (aside from first night of hostel stay in Vancouver)
- Personal expenses
Apply online now or book your free consultation with our OE Guru below
Ski Resort Canada Typical Wages & Jobs
Minimum Wage by Province
Canada is a tipping nation. Food & Beverage, Kitchen Work and select Service positions can expect $2-5 extra per hour based on season, location and company.