Canada Working Holiday Economy Option
Want to experience life in one of the best cities to live in, in the world?
We aim to get you working within 4 days of arrival - if haven't got your heart set on a Ski Resort Job - then this option is for you.
You won't be accepted on to the programme unless we're confident that we will be able to find you work, and we have a very good track record. We work with trusted partners in Canada and 200+ employers who will all take staff at short notice. Most work is in Vancouver.
Basic Service Gets You:
- Pre departure information and assistance including arrival information
- Free internet at hostel and office after arrival while finding work
- Orientation at our Canadian partner's Vancouver office in Tinseltown
- Social Insurance number and Bank Account set up.
- Information on how to find the right job for you in Canada
- Job interview Workshop
- CV assistance, we'll help you upgrade your CV to fit Canadian employer demands
- City and Regional Transit Information
- Vancouver Weekly activities, events, pub-nights and monthly overnight trips
- Transfer from Airport to hostel information (sky train)
- 2 nights dorm style accommodation on arrival
- 2 continental style breakfasts during stay at hostel on arrival
- Hostel membership
- Free internet during stay at hostel
- Access to an online group of travellers just like you which you can access on Facebook - one just for Kiwis travelling to Canada too
- Once you enrol you will receive a friend request from our Canada partner's PR department and they will invite you to our local events and activities
- Mail-holding and secure storage service (up to 1 year)
- 24 hour emergency number
- Ongoing service and support as necessary
- Travel Insurance and Flight guidance personal assistance from our IWH Travel OE Guru (at no extra cost to you)
- Working Holiday Visa Guide
I was working soon after my requested start date and the team at IWH made sure I was sorted with accommodation too.
Canada is a tipping nation. Food & Beverage, Kitchen Work and select Service positions can expect $2-5 extra per hour based on season, location and company. We have year round placements in the following sectors.
- Retail (shops)
- Hospitality (cafe, restaurant)
- Promotional Work
What Is Not In The Package
- Working Holiday Visa fee payable to the Canadian High Commission
- Your Airfare - although we can help you find amazing flights
- Accommodation after your included two nights*
- Personal expenses
*we provide two nights accommodation on arrival but you can book longer as well if you like - extra nights are $40pnpp
Wondering When To Go?
We have jobs all year round! But you should aim to start at the beginning of the summer or winter season and be able to commit for at least 6 months - why wouldn't you? You'll have a 2 year visa.
Why is Vancouver such a great city to live in?
- The scenery!
- Easy public transport
- Can explore ski resorts on time off
- Ranked one of the best cities in the world to live in (just behind Auckland)
Costs for the Work and Travel Canada Service Program
- Job placement assistance after arrival $699.00 NZD payable at time of application
If you do not pass the interview and screening process the fee above less $150 admin/interview costs will be refunded.
- Extra Nights at Arrival Hostel $40 NZD per night
- Pre-Placement before you arrive in Canada $151.00 (summer) or $300 (winter)
Prices are subject to change due to currency fluctuations. We will post changes on here as they happen but once your application is accepted the price is set and will not alter.
Other costs to consider
- Flights to Canada
- IEC Visa Fee: CA$226
- Medical Insurance
- Travel Insurance
We can help with discounted flights and insurance through our IWH Travel Department
Apply Online Now or Ask for our Free Phone Consultation Below